Oil/Water Interface Meter
Heron’s H.OIL is one of the most popular oil/water interface meters available on the market. Measures and detects both LNAPL and DNAPL. Thousands of H.OIL instruments are being used by groundwater professionals across the world. Use the Heron H.OIL to measure the thickness of sinking or floating hydrocarbons in groundwater accurately, safely, economically, and reliably. When the probe comes in contact with liquid or product a circuit is completed and the operator is notified through a buzzer and bright LED. Oil/water level is determined by evaluating the tape at this stage.
The H.OIL’s 5/8 inch (16 mm) field replaceable probe is fully submersible and leak proof up to 1,000 ft (300 m). It is 7 inches (18.5 mm) in length. A flexible, durable linking device connects the probe to the tape and the lens at the probe end is protected by a stainless steel shield. An emitter is capable of sensing, with an infrared beam, whether it has come in contact with liquid or product so the proper signal can be delivered.
The H.OIL uses highly readable and accurate (ASME standard) Kynar jacketed tape, labeled accurately in feet and 1/10 feet or meters and centimeters with marks every 1/100 ft or millimeter. The tape winds smoothly onto the H.OIL’s tough nylon reel and dog-bone cross sections prevent the tape from sticking to well casings and wet surfaces. The H.OIL’s replaceable, water-tight electronic module houses the buzzer/LED electronics and features an automatic shutoff at ten minutes. It is powered by a single accessible 9V battery. Durable construction ensures the H.OIL’s reel will last and survive tough field work. Features include a well-balanced, polyurethane-coated steel frame and a vinyl-coated carrying handle for comfortable operation and reeling. The H.OIL is backed by a five year limited manufacturer warranty and the replaceable probe is backed by a one year manufacturer warranty. A grounding cable is included with the H.OIL frame for use in potentially explosive environments.
The Heron H.OIL is certified intrinsically safe to CSA and ANSI/UL standards. Class 9098-01 for hazardous locations. Class 9098-81 (USA) for hazardous locations. Class I groups A, B, C and D.
- Detects and measures LNAPL and DNAPL
- Slim 5/8 inch (13 mm) field replaceable stainless steel probe.
- Capable of measuring product layer as thin as 1/200 ft (1 mm)
- Accurate (ASME Standard) Kynar® jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors.
- Standard tapes feature permanent print beneath jacketing.
- Tape features a breaking load greater than 300 lbs.
- Modular electronics; quick replace electronic panel and probe.
- Powered by single easily swapped 9V battery.
- UV resistant engineered plastic reel with stainless steel fittings.
- 5 year limited warranty. 1 year warranty for replaceable probe.
- Intrinsically Safe