- Part Number/Description
Solinst Point Source Bailers
Point Source Bailer
429 Point Source Bailers can be used to profile open boreholes or screened wells to collect samples from points of inflow or distinct water levels. Features stainless steel construction and release device, Teflon ball valves, and Viton o-rings.
Solinst Model 429 Point Source Bailers can be used to profile an open screened well or borehole in order to collect samples from points of inflow or distinct water levels. Solinst’s 429 point source bailers prevent samples collected at a specific depth from mixing with water from other depths through dual ball valves at the top and bottom. 429 Point Source Bailers are built to last and feature stainless steel construction, Viton o-rings and Teflon ball valves. The bailers come standard with stainless steel sample release devices to preserve volatiles when transferring to sample vials. Standard support lines are constructed of stainless steel and Teflon-coated support lines are also available. Miniature 0.5″ 429 Point Source Bailers are available for direct push devices and narrow tubes.
The 429 Point Source Bailer is a cost-effective, easy-to-use tool for aquifer profiling. Expensive and unwieldy transport ancillary equipment is not required making it an attractive option for point source sampling at hard-to-reach locations. Unlike pumping and purging, point source sampling causes negligible disturbance. Disposal of purged water is also avoided by sampling at the proper depth to collecting water which has just flowed into a well.
429 Point Source Bailer Features
- Stainless Steel construction
- Tefon ball valves and Viton o-rings
- Stainless Steel sample release device included
- Stainless Steel support lines standard (Teflon-coated available)
- Prevents sample mixing with dual ball valves at top and bottom
- Miniature version available for narrow tubes and direct push devices
- Minimal disturbance of water as compared to pumping and purging
- No need to dispose of purged water